The International 10 Stats Wrap Up
So… The International 10 ended about a week ago (at least it was less than a week since it concluded when I started making this post), and it’s time to wrap it up.
Usually I make this kind of wrap up right after the event, but this time I was too busy working at the event itself, so I needed some time to rest afterwards. In case you missed it: I was working as a statistician at TI10, e.g. providing data for production team and helping out other talents with data support. Hope you liked it!
And, well, I’m going to use a lot of my leftover stats as a bonus to graphics here. Most of this post are pretty images with numbers, but I’d suggest you to stick until the very end.
Also don’t forget about great guys at STRATZ: their amazing tools made it easier to work with data and also track all the matches live.
Let’s dive in!
Let’s start with total stats for the event.
With total of 8 rampages done at the event, I think it’s the most rampageous TI so far with 27.6% of all-time TI rampages being done at TI10.
Radiant holds 54.12% wins, while Dire is only at 45.88%.
First pick win rate is 51.03%.
Signature heroes of this TI’s meta seem to be Monkey King (96.9% contest rate), Tiny (96.4% contest rate), Elder Titan (73.2% contest rate).
Three heroes with the highest winrates and 5+ matches are Tinker (10 matches, 80% winrate), Bane (32 matches, 78.1% winrate) and Winter Wyvern (18 matches, 72.2% winrate).
There were total of 104 heroes both picked and banned, 9 heroes were only picked, 1 hero was banned, but never picked (Huskar).
7 heroes were not contested: Zeus, Broodmother, Spirit Breaker, Outworld Destroyer, Lone Druid, Meepo, Techies.
Spirit Breaker is the only hero that wasn’t contested at TI10 qualifiers as well.
There are a couple of Io combos, but also there are some 100% winrate combos too. Undefeated pairs with 5+ games are Weaver + Doom (5 matches, 1 deviation), Lina + Spectre (5 matches, 2 deviation), Bane + Io (6 matches, 1 deviation), Bane + Magnus (5 matches, 1 deviation), Magnus + Terrorblade (5 matches, 2 deviation) and Mirana + Ember Spirit (6 matches, 5 deviation).
There should be some clever text about hero positions with some cool trivia, but I didn’t come up with it, so just enjoy some cool images and Mars with 32.3% winrate.
There were so many changes between TI9 and TI10, that there was a bunch of new all-time records set during the event (I will go into more detail about it below)
As a cool bonus: these are the strongest items by winrate increase with early average timing (compared to games, where the item wasn’t purchased). Aside from that, there are also the least purchased items: Dagon 5 was purchased only 3 times (2 wins), Meteor Hammer had only 4 purchases (2 wins, 2 losses) and 5 purchases for Mage Slayer and Battle Fury (2 wins, 3 losses both).
As a small addition, here are some of the most important bits for the Group Stage and Main Event separately.
One thing most people care about are compendium predictions, so let’s take a look at what predictions were correct this time.
- Most picked hero: Elder Titan (73)
- Most banned hero: Monkey King (140, my pick was Tiny, he took 2nd place with 132, while Monkey King was my most picked)
- Highest winrate with 5+ games: Tinker (10 games, 80% winrate, my pick)
- Most average kills with 5+ games: Sniper (10.8)
- Most average assists with 5+ games: Bounty Hunter (20.6)
- Lowest deaths avg with 5+ games: Naga Siren (2.2, my pick)
- Highest last hits avg with 5+ games: Naga Siren (525)
- Highest XPM avg with 5+ games: Clinkz (740)
- Most kills in a game: Dawnbreaker (27)
- Most last hits in a game: Luna (895)
- Winning team: Team Spirit
- Most kills in a game: IG (54, match 6219558229)
- Most average kills: IG (28.52)
- Least deaths in a game: VP (1, match 6216649464, my pick)
- Most assists in a game: VP (144, match 6213067601)
- Victory in the longest game: SG (match 6213685234)
- Victory in the shortest game: PSG.LGD (match 6216526891)
- Highest average game duration: Fnatic (42:26)
- Biggest hero pool: Team Spirit (60)
- Smallest hero pool (with 10+ games): EG (38)
- Most average kills: Karl (9.38)
- Most kills in a match: Nightfall (27, match 6213067601)
- Lowest avg deaths: Ame (1.86, my pick)
- Highest assists avg: Puppey/Oli (16.64)
- Most assists in a game: Save (38, match 6213067601)
- Highest avg last hits: Yawar (460)
- Most last hits in a game: Arteezy (895, match 6215226977, my pick)
- Highest GPM in a game: Arteezy (973, match 6215226977)
- Highest GPM avg: Ame (723, my pick)
- Biggest hero pool: Yatoro (21)
- Total number of games played in the Main Event: 50 (my pick)
- Heroes picked: 113 (my pick)
- Heroes banned: 105 (my pick)
- Most combined total kills in a game: 88 (match 6213067601)
- Longest game: 64:42 (match 6213685234)
- Shortest game: 17:04 (match 6216526891, my pick)
- Most kills by a hero in a game: 27 (match 6213067601, my pick)
- Most deaths by a hero in a game: 17 (match 6215317749)
- Most assists by a hero in a game: 38 (match 6213067601, my pick)
- Highest GPM by a hero in a game: 973 (match 6215226977)
New All-Time Records
- Highest XPM: 1067 by Nightfall as Medusa in match 6212765732
- KDA with 0 deaths: 49.0 by flyfly as Spectre in match 6219558229
- KDA with 1+ deaths: 40.0 by Ame as Spectre in match 6227305557
- Last hits per minute: 16.04 by Arteezy as Luna in match 6215226977
- Damage to buildings: 40709 by 23savage as Tiny in match 6215702671
- Couriers killed by a player: 7 by Thiolicor as Weaver in match 6216545156
- Couriers killed in match: 11 in match of PSG.LGD vs SG (6215346651)
- At TI10 (compared to pre-TI10 stats) most teams were stacking less on average than before the event (10.4 vs 9.2 on average). Two teams that were still stacking the most on average and more than before TI10 are Beastcoast and Team Spirit (12 and 12.5 respectively: it’s 1.2 and 1.4 higher than before)
- There are 8 rampages total at TI10, 5 of them were made by Team Spirit players (3 by Yatoro, 2 by TORONTOTOKYO), other 3 by Sumail, Nikobaby and Wisper
- With this Team Spirit also became the team with the most rampages at TI all-time (and Yatoro became the player with the most rampages), as well as being the team/player with the most rampages in TIs Main Event (3 by Yatoro vs 1 of every other team/player)
- Meteor Hammer was purchased 23 times at TIs, 4 of them at TI10
- Meanwhile, Aeon Disk has 162 purchases. For reference, Heart (which was in the game for much longer) has 290 total at TIs, Octarine is 189, Lotus is 305 (being an item with a similar purpose). Only Linkens stands out with 613 purchases
- Earthshaker overtook Rubick during the last day of group stage as the all-time TI most picked hero
- Ursa overtook Meepo with the most Kills/Match all-time TI with 8.99. Meepo 8.88
- N0tail overtook Kuroky with the dubious honor of 10:08 total time spent dead at TIs (Kuro 9:26)
- Based on Immortal Stats for Tier 1 neutral items this patch Pig Pole has 12.5% pickup rate (highest for tier 1 is 13.5%, lowest is 11.5%), 50% winrate, Average hold time is ~7:48, being 6th by this value. So it’s literally the most average neutral item, but it makes a funny noise
Even more cool stuff
- The first Roshan kill in the Main Event (by Team Spirit in the match 6219447985) was Roshan kill number 666 across all TI main events (since TI3)
- SumaiL and Yawar played together 108 competitive matches with 56.5% winrate, as well as 82 matches against with 54.87% winrate for Sumail (it’s tricky to find all the teams they played in though)
- Top-3 teams by highest efficiency of sentry wards usage before min 20 (less sentries used to destroy one observer ward on average) are PSG.LGD (3.19), Team Spirit (4.11) and Vici Gaming (4.22), while the worst teams are Secret (6.06), Fnatic (6.14) and Invictus Gaming (6.2)
- Sumail has the most kills total at all TIs (playoff only and in general), and he also holds the all-time kills record AND most kills records at three different TIs
And as a bonus: based on TI10 games, the most/least favorable neutral items (players tend to have these items in their inventories for longer periods of time) are:
- Tier 1. Best by usage time: Arcane Ring, Keen Optic and Fairy’s Trinket (10:00 average hold time); worst: Chipped Vest (7:58), Possessed Mask (8:12), Pig Pole (8:26)
- Tier 2. Best: Philosopher’s Stone (12:20), Grove Bow (9:18), Essence Ring (9: 08); worst: Vambrace (7:46), Brigand’s Blade (8:13), Ring of Aquila/Pupil’s Gift (8:23)
- Tier 3. Best: Titan Sliver (8:32), Spider Legs (8:01), Paladin Sword (7:53); worst: Cloak of Flames (5:58), Mind Breaker (6:08), Elven Tunic (6:09)
- Tier 4. Best: Spell Prism (9:19), Timeless Relic (7:07), Flicker (6:10); worst: Stormcrafter (2:03), Witchbane (3:16), The Leveller (4:00)
And that’s about it!
You can check most of the data yourself in my stats hub, in TI10 section or TI All-Time section, and some additional data will be available through my discord. And, again, huge props to STRATZ for their help.
I hope you liked TI10 show (and my contribution to it, hehe). And for now I’m going to touch some grass.
But worry not! We’ll meet again in the new competitive season, and I’ll try to make more content. Until then, you can follow me on Twitter or join my Discord. You can also make a donation here if you like what I do and would like to help.